Digimarc Delivers 'Fresh, Front & Center' Digital Solutions to Retailers at NRF 2018
BEAVERTON, Ore. and NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- NRF Booth #2875 -- At this year's National Retail Federation (NRF) "Big Show," taking place January 14-16 in New York, Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) will highlight how its Intuitive Computing Platform™ featuring Digimarc Barcode benefits grocery retailers in the fresh/perimeter departments, front checkout and center store. Demonstrations by Digimarc and its partners are designed to showcase the broadening relevance of Digimarc Barcode and how the technology addresses retail competition by improving operational efficiency, customer engagement and store operations.
The centerpiece of Digimarc's technology demonstrations is its new Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Labels, which is being launched in conjunction with leading retail scale label manufacturers. Retail labels with Digimarc Barcode scan better, even when ripped, crinkled or damaged, making checkout easier for both customers and cashiers.
"The ecosystem supporting Digimarc Barcode continues to expand, both geographically to Europe and Japan, and with additional depth and breadth of capabilities," said Bruce Davis, chief executive officer, Digimarc. "From point-of-sale scanners to fresh label printers to front-of-store checkout convenience, a variety of partners will demonstrate their Digimarc Barcode-enabled solutions at NRF."
Digimarc will have demonstrations and product examples in its booth (#2875) from a number of partners and customers:
- Reduce Shrink & Make Checkout Easy: Digimarc will be exhibiting its new Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Labels in conjunction with major retail scale manufacturers.
- Dynamic Pricing for Fresh Food with Aila (Booth #360): Aila Technologies, utilizing the Digimarc Mobile SDK, will demonstrate an Apple iOS device-based Interactive Kiosk and handheld Mobile Imager for scanning perishable food labels.
- Faster & More Accurate Scanning with Mobile Checkout from FutureProof Retail: FutureProof Retail has integrated the Digimarc Mobile SDK into their app so shoppers can easily scan product packaging for brand content, and scan and pay in the app, skipping traditional checkout.
- Easy Checkout for Customers & Cashiers: Examples of Digimarc Barcode-enhanced product packaging from Sun-Maid, Wegmans and New Seasons.
- Front-of-Store Efficiency Featuring Retail Scanner Solutions: Leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM) will have demonstrations of the latest in-counter and handheld scanners including:
- Datalogic (Booth #3135): Datalogic will feature a variety of fixed retail, handheld and mobile computing scanners that include Digimarc technology, including new single-plane scanners, the MagellanTM 3450VSi and MagellanTM 3550HSi, and a new mobile computing option, the JoyaTM Touch A6.
- NCR (Booth #3121): NCR will feature new offerings at NRF that support 1D, 2D, mobile barcodes, and Digimarc Barcode in its NCR FastLane SelfServ™ Checkout.
- Honeywell (Booth #2863): Honeywell will feature its latest Xenon™ 1902 handheld scanners including Digimarc Barcode scanning capabilities to help retailers improve cashier safety and checkout times.
- Zebra (Booth #1603): Zebra offers fully-integrated solutions, including Digimarc-enabled in-counter and handheld devices that significantly reduce checkout time by increasing the average number of items scanned per minute.
- Digimarc Technology Goes Global: Examples of Digimarc Barcode-enhanced product packaging from Japan and Europe.
- Shopper Engagement throughout the Store Journey: Vestcom will feature @shelf®, its proprietary shelf-edge technology enhanced with Digimarc Barcode.
- Digitally-Engage Customers with In-Store Displays: WestRock will feature an in-store display and examples of private label and serialized Rx allergy medicine packaging with Digimarc Barcode.
- Consumer Engagement, Inventory Management & Logistic Efficiencies with Digital Smart Hangers: Ditto Hangers, in conjunction with OIA Global, will demonstrate recycled-content hangers with Digimarc Barcode to provide efficient, data-rich capture for apparel processing, sales and marketing.
In addition to its "Fresh, Front & Center" theme, Digimarc's NRF presence will also include:
- Autonomous On-shelf Inventory Scanning featuring Bossa Nova: The Bossa Nova robot will be at the Intel Booth (#2831) demonstrating its ability to automatically and accurately monitor on-shelf inventory with Digimarc Barcode.
- The Future of Supply Chain Efficiency: Digimarc and WestRock will demonstrate direct printing of Digimarc Barcode on corrugated boxes that improves reliability and efficiency in logistics.
For more information or to schedule a booth tour, visit www.digimarc.com/nrf.
To watch brief video on how Digimarc Barcode works, click here.
Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) is a pioneer in the automatic identification of everyday objects such as product packaging and virtually any media, including print, images, and audio. Based on the patented Intuitive Computing Platform (ICP™), Digimarc provides innovative and comprehensive automatic recognition technologies to simplify search, and transform information discovery through unparalleled reliability, efficiency and security. Digimarc has a global patent portfolio, which includes over 1,100 granted and pending patents. These innovations include state-of-the-art identification technology, Digimarc Barcode, as well as Digimarc Discover® software for barcode scanning and more. Digimarc is based in Beaverton, Oregon, with technologies deployed by major retailers and consumer brands, central banks, U.S. states, film companies and professional sports franchises, among others. Visit digimarc.com and follow us @digimarc to learn more about The Barcode of Everything™.
SOURCE Digimarc Corporation
For further information: Gary Grossman, Edelman PR, email@example.com, 503-471-6868