Neiman Marcus, Target, Under Armour and Other Retail and Brand Executives to Headline Together with CEOs of Disruptive Startups
NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Shoptalk, the new conference for next generation commerce, today unveiled its preliminary agenda and initial lineup of 125+ confirmed speakers from some of the largest retailers and brands, most disruptive commerce startups and prolific investors.
Founded by the creators of Money 20/20, Shoptalk will feature 300+ speakers to discuss commerce innovation and the evolution of how consumers discover, shop and buy. The three-day event will be held on May 16-18, 2016 at the Aria in Las Vegas and will feature speakers that include:
- Affirm Founder & CEO, Max Levchin
- Ashley Stewart Executive Chairman & CEO, James Rhee
- Bain Capital Ventures Managing Director, Scott Friend
- Casper Co-Founder & CEO, Philip Krim
- Curbside Co-Founder & CEO, Jaron Waldman
- Deliv CEO & Co-Founder, Daphne Carmeli
- Dollar Shave Club Founder & CEO, Michael Dubin
- ENJOY CEO, Ron Johnson
- Foot Locker CIO, Pawan Verma
- Fung Capital Partner, Janie Yu
- The Honest Company CEO & Co-Founder, Brian Lee
- House of Fraser CEO, Nigel Oddy
- Jet.com CEO, Marc Lore
- KIND Snacks Head of e-Commerce, Amanda Greenberg
- Kohl's EVP, Digital Technology & Innovation, Ratnakar Lavu
- Laurel & Wolf CEO & Founder, Leura Fine
- Lightspeed Venture Partners Partner, Jeremy Liew
- Macy's SVP, Strategy & Innovation, Michael Tobin
- Neiman Marcus Group President, Neiman Marcus Stores & Online, John Koryl
- Pinterest General Manager, Monetization, Tim Kendall
- Plated Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Nick Taranto
- Postmates Founder & CEO, Bastian Lehmann
- Ringly CEO & Co-Founder, Christina d'Avignon
- Rocksbox Co-Founder & CEO, Meaghan Rose
- Stitch Fix Founder & CEO, Katrina Lake
- Stowaway Cosmetics CEO & Co-Founder, Julie Fredrickson
- Target Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Casey Carl
- Tradesy CEO & Founder, Tracy Dinunzio
- TheRealReal Founder & CEO, Julie Wainwright
- Under Armour VP, Direct-to-Consumer, Omnichannel Digital, Sid Jatia
- Westfield Co-CEO, Steven Lowy
"Our speakers comprise an unparalleled grouping of key figures in commerce ranging from early stage innovators to recognized and established pioneers of retail and e-commerce. These are the minds reshaping how products, services and experiences are created, curated and consumed," said Anil D. Aggarwal, founder and chairman of Shoptalk. "The scope of our coverage and initial speaker lineup demonstrate that there is no other event like Shoptalk."
A full list of the initial 125+ speakers can be found at http://www.shoptalk.com/speakers.php.
Shoptalk's preliminary agenda includes coverage of themes and specific topics such as:
- Disruptive Retail Startups and Pioneering Brands. Sessions include Startups Driving Product Innovation, Startups Reinventing Consumer Selling Experiences, Recommerce Startups Driving Incremental Sales, and Curated and Guided Commerce Startups.
- Entrepreneurship and Investment. Sessions include Venture Capital Perspectives on Retail and Consumer Investing, Venture Capital Perspectives on Commerce Technology, and Retailer and Other Strategic Investor Perspectives.
- On-Demand, Delivery and Logistics. Sessions include Trends in Same-Day Delivery and Pickup, Reinventing Product Returns, and The State of Drone Delivery.
- Collaborative Consumption and the Sharing Economy. Sessions include Trust Enabling the Sharing Economy, Peer-to-Peer Models Disrupting Commerce, and New Retail Rental Models Changing the Nature of Consumer Ownership.
- Physical Retail Goes Digital. Sessions include The Future of In-Store Personalization and Clienteling, Driving In-Store Mobile Engagement, and Virtual and Augmented Reality Experiences in Retail.
- Ecommerce. Sessions include Brands Taking Control, Driving Transactions on Mobile, and Preparing for Distributed Commerce.
- Search and Discovery. Sessions include Mobile Search and Discovery, The Emergence of Visual Search, and Making Content Shoppable.
- Design. Sessions include Designing Next Generation Products and Experiences, Retail Formats of the Future, and Designing for Mobile.
- Changing Consumer Preferences and Demographics. Sessions include Changing Consumer Needs Driving Product Innovation, Tapping into Millennial Mindshare, and Gen Z Teen Panel: A Conversation With 14-16 Year-Olds About Their Habits, Preferences and Interactions With Brands.
- Evolving Trends in Marketing. Sessions include The Future of Digital Advertising: Agency Perspectives, Advances in Proximity Marketing, Engaging New Influencers, and Innovation in Core Digital Marketing Tactics.
- Measurement and Analytics. Sessions include Innovations in Offline Data Capture and Analytics, New Approaches to Personalization, Privacy in the Era of Increasing Data, and The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Retail.
- IoT and Sensors. Sessions include Connected Cars, Wearables, and Smart Homes.
In addition, Shoptalk will hold a Startup Pitch Contest in which early stage companies will have the chance to present their business plans to a panel of judges from leading venture capital firms for a $25,000 prize.
The preliminary agenda can be found in the Shoptalk brochure available at http://shoptalk.com/assets/shoptalk_2016_brochure.pdf.
"We're thrilled with the progress of our inaugural event and the many unique benefits we're bringing to our attendees," said Aggarwal. "Retailers, for example, will have the opportunity to network with some of the most innovative leaders shaping commerce, learn about the most important technologies, and collaborate on what's coming next."
Shoptalk is the first large-scale NextGen Commerce event featuring 300+ speakers and 100+ sessions. It's an unprecedented gathering of individuals and companies reshaping how consumers discover, shop and buy, providing a platform for large retailers and brands, startups, tech companies and investors to come together in an open and friendly environment. Shoptalk will be held on May 16-18, 2016 at the Aria in Las Vegas. For more information, please visit www.shoptalk.com.
For further information: Rob Wells, Media Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org; Berns Communications Group, Stacy Berns/Michael McMullan, (212) 994-4660, email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org